Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Mini Quiches


My daughter taught me this recipe and it is the only way I really like eggs in the morning.  I make up a pan and freeze them and then can have a nice protein hit before I load up on cereal and fruit carbs!

Mini Egg & Spinach Quiches

Crescent Roll Dough (can)...I used the new round ones
eggs (maybe about 1 egg per 3 pastry cups)
frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed out)
parmesan cheese
a little milk.

Grease your muffin tins.  Preheat oven to 350.  On a floured board, roll out each roll into a circle that will fit into the muffin space.  This is time consuming, but worth it!

Mix your eggs with a little bit of milk.

Put about a T of spinach into each cup.  Top with about a tsp. of grated parmesan cheese.

Pour some egg mixture into each cup. 

Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the egg is nice and set and pastry is brown.

Can be frozen and then each tart microwaved for about 1 minute to thaw and warm for a quick breakfast.



1 comment:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Yum! I love things like this, sounds delicious!