Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Asian Dumplings

Trader Joe's has the most wonderful chicken filled Thai dumplings in a lovely big bag in the freezer.  I have been doing the 'panfry' suggestion and it is messy and they never get very crisp.  So the other day I decided to make a clear soup and use the dumplings in that. 

I dumped a quart box of chicken stock into a pan, brought it to a boil, and added julienned carrot sticks, leftover green beans and probably some other things...kind of empty the fridge of wilted stuff.... and the dumplings.  When the dumplings were deemed cooked, I ladled the soup up with cilantro. 

Another very nice, light lunch.

2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I love Trader Joes, I've never tried their dumplings before though! Yum!

Katie P said...

The husband and I do this ALL THE TIME! Such a quick and easy, but healthy dinner! We usually do it sort of like a wonton soup, doing light chicken broth, sesame oil, a touch of soy sauce, lots of scallions, mushrooms, and spinach. So delicious!