Pages

Thursday, June 03, 2010

I'd Like to Meet Grumpy

I follow this blog, The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch and I would love to meet Grumpy! This post from a few days ago, ended with a sentence that cracked me up and sent me back down "Memory Lane".

Grumpy appears to be a hard man to please in the culinary department.  In her post on Shoyu Chicken, Grumpy said "It is very edible".  Hey, HB, that is more of a compliment than my Mom ever received from my Dad........

I was raised back in the 50's and 60's by a salesman father and a stay-at-home mother, Ed and Lois McLeod.  My dad also had a small "farm" in the backyard (fruit trees, vegetables, blackberry vines, scuppernong vines, bantam hens...)  Anything my Dad grew or shot with his shotgun, my mom cooked.  She canned, she froze, she was an incredible cook.  Night after night while growing up, near the end of the meal my Mom would say, "That was a mighty good meal, Mrs. McLeod.....Thank you, Mrs. McLeod".  My Dad, busily cleaning his plate would look up and say....."Well, I'm eating it, aren't I?"

Just had to blog about this!!!

8 comments:

Shelby said...

LOL, sounds like your dad could be a lot like my Grumpy! Glad it gave you a chuckle and I'm sure your post (I read this to Grumpy) made Grumpy feel good (although he won't admit it. lol)

Debbie said...

I just found your blog... I've had fun reading it.

Barbara @moderncomfortfood said...

Me too, absolutely! I caught my first sighting of Grumpy on HoneyB's last post and was inspired to increase the magnification of his photo to check out his expression. I'm still debating about whether I was pleased or disappointed that he looked so mild.

Sippity Sup said...

HA! You are funny! I love grumpy almost as much as honeybunch! GREG

Suzanne aka vivisue said...

Geez, I think Grumps is related to my Mountain Man. LOVE it!

Jessie said...

I love Grumpy too! He's so funny, HoneyB is such a sweetheart as well. They make such a great couple :)

Nan said...

thanks for all the comments on this post. What cracked me up was Grumpy's use of the word "edible". I have never heard that used as a compliment to dinner and it is absolutely wonderful! Hope everybody continues to enjoy my blog. I am having fun with it.

Megan said...

I swear, MEN!

Love HoneyB and Grumpy!