Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blueberry Scones

You have to try these scones.  Click on the photo and it will take you to HoneyB's recipe.  I am not even going to repeat the recipe here...her blog and her photos are so great, you need to get the recipe straight from her.

I made her version of the recipe, using a whole grain drink for the milk and using regular CoffeeMate French Vanilla.  And, yes, the dough was way too wet, so don't pour all the liquid in at once.  Also, you probably can bake the scones on a regular baking dish.  And, since I don't like icing I did not use the glaze, but while they were warm I did sprinkle granulated sugar on them (through a sieve) to give them a bit of a glaze (a local restaurant does that to theirs).

I think you could also vary them by changing the flavor of Coffeemate, as well as putting different fruit inside.  All in all a great, really easy recipe.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Glad you enjoyed them Nan! Thanks for the mention. :)