Pages

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Pampered

I was able to visit my daughter this week and had such a good time, even if it was only for about 24 hours.  She made lunch, dinner, and breakfast for me and it was such luxury to not only not have to cook, but to have wonderful food.  We had our favorite, BLT's for lunch.  For dinner she marinated bone-in chicken breasts in orange juice and rosemary, roasted sweet potatoes, and made a homemade mango salsa. For breakfast I got oatmeal pancakes with fruit salsa and bacon.  I so did not want to leave!

A feast for the eyes and the tastebuds!

Let's start with bruschetta.....






Next roast the chicken breasts....






Anything is better with homemade salsa; this time it is mango and cucumber and pepper......







The reason I was able to visit her, I was with my husband in Pinehurst, NC for a conference and Jenni's house is 1 hour 20 minutes away from Pinehurst.  I did come back to spend the final night in Pinehurst, mainly because he was staying in a hotel built in the 1800's.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Nice to get to spend time with your daughter!