Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lime Coconut Chicken

In my constant online food blogger reading, I spotted a recipe for chicken piccata and it lodged in my brain.  Last night I thawed a boneless, skinless chicken breast and proceeded to make up another version, since I had limes instead of lemons.

Lime Coconut Chicken
  • 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 lime, zest and juice
  • 1/2 cup flaked coconut
  • 2 T butter
  • 1 cup white wine
  • 2 T. cooking oil
  • 2 T. chopped cilantro or parsley
Method:
  • Pound the chicken breast flat between two pieces of plastic wrap (put smooth side of breast down)
  • Heat some oil and butter in a pan over medium heat.
  • Dredge the flattened breast pieces in the flour and cook in pan until both sides are brown and chicken is done.
  • Remove chicken from pan to a plate and keep warm.
  • Toss the coconut into the hot pan and stir a bit til it turns golden.
  • Pour in lime juice and white wine to taste and cook to form a sauce, scraping up the browned bits.
  • Pour over the chicken and serve with rice.
  • Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.

5 comments:

Fallon said...

mmm that sounds really good! Love the lime and coconut twist.

Nan said...

I fixed the text position on this post, you never know what Blogger is going to do....the preview tab on drafts is a joke.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

This looks great! I love coconut and lime, thanks!

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

This sounds really good. I like how simple the ingredients are. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Nan, this looks simply delish - a must try! It looks like the link is working now, if you have any more problems, please let me know! Thanks for linking with Tuesday Tastes! I am so happy to have you! People's Choice polls are open - head over and vote for your favorite when you have a chance!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Dasiy
http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/tuesday-tastes-9.html