Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Old Favorite Reappears....Healthier

I enjoy trolling through Foodgawker and was amazed today to see a photo of a salad/dessert I grew up with....'Heavenly Hash'.  I was amazed it would make it on Foodgawker, so I had to check it out.  No, it is not the old 1970's version us Baby Boomers grew up on.  This version is called 'Creamy Coconut Fruit Salad', and can really increase your fruit intake, and anything with coconut has my vote.  Warning:  this newer version nixes the CoolWhip and the marshmallows.....wonder why?  

2 comments:

Fallon said...

I've never had this type of fruit salad before because I usually avoid anything creamy. This just sounds so refreshing for a BBQ in the hot summer days. Thanks for sharing!

Nan said...

Remember, I ate this salad back in the 60's and 70's at pot luck dinners, long before anyone paid any attention to nutrition, fat or calories! I would not go near it now, and was pleased to see it updated. Gotta love all the food bloggers on the internet for sharing their creations!