Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tea Set Comes Home


This is a beautiful antique tea set.  Officially an antique, since it is over 100 years old.  The cups and saucers are Haviland, the pots are Bavarian.  I don't know the exact original ownership, but these did belong to my Mom.  When she died, years ago, I did not particularly like them because they are definitely not my style, and offered them to my friend, Sharon.  She graciously took them and carefully stored them away...knowing I would want them someday.  She was clearing her attic for a garage sale and brought them to me, asking if they were mine.  They were.  Here is a vignette on my coffee table.  Now I enjoy them.....

Blog of the Day

Yummy Recipes!


1 comment:

Barbara Bakes said...

Thanks for featuring me as the blog of the day! Such a beautiful tea set. How nice that your friend returned them to you. It wasn't until I was older too that I could appreciate owning something that has been passed down to me.