Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Potato Chips

From this............


 
To this..........


In 5 minutes!!!!!!


Want a portion of completely fat-free, homemade potato chips for lunch? You can do it in five minutes in the microwave (plus a little prep time). I found this idea while cruising through blogs online. I tried it out using the parchment paper method and the results were so outstanding, I literally went out and bought a mandoline, microwave bacon cooker pan, and a microwave splatter cover....

Wash a potato, don't peel it. Slice it 1/8" thick (the first time I used my potato peeler), put the slices in a bowl of cold water and let soak at least 10 minutes. This removes some of the starch for a crispier product, I am told. Remove the slices from the water and dry them on towels. Spread them out on either a micro bacon cooker (ridged) or parchment paper. (spray either pan surface with some oil)  Sprinkle desired seasonings on potato slices.

Put the tray in the microwave, put the spatter lid or a sheet of parchment paper on top.  Microwave for 5 minutes. 

That's it!!!!!!!!!   (You can also do corn tortillas cut into the wedges with the same results, just a little less time in the microwave)

So if you want some crunch with no fat..................

(there are several recipes online, just Google potato chips in the microwave and choose one)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch that they are yummy :-) Will be getting my own bacon pan soon next time I'm near a BB&B!