Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ole!


Is this taco salad not absolutely gorgeous?  I went into the kitchen at 7:15 pm, knowing I had an onion and a green pepper, black beans, rotisserie chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and leftover pilaf.  I planned to make burritos and then my eyes lit on my brand new taco shell pans.  I got out two large flour tortillas and was off........


Black Beans
The black beans came from the bulk bin in Compare Foods....soaked overnight, rinsed, into the crockpot with water to cover, simmer 8-10 hours, cool, bag, freeze.  Yum.

Leftover Rice Pilaf
(This was a Trader Joe's mixed grain one)
Rotisserie Chicken heated with cumin and chile powders
(I mixed 1 t. chili powder, 1 t. salt, 1/2t. coriander, 1/2t cumin, 1T cornstarch and mixed in some shredded chicken.  Into the skillet with some water to make a bit of sauce. )

Sauteed Peppers and Onions

Diced Avocado with a squeeze of lime.


Cherry Tomatoes (From Jenni & Kory's garden)



Cilantro



Crumbled Queso Fresca

Voila!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Fallon said...

MM That looks so good!!! The shell is beautiful, the best part of a taco salad ;)

Shelby said...

I need some of those tortilla bowls! Your salad looks delicious!