Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

EZ Pastry



Doesn't this look yummy?  It was!!!  I got the idea on Food Buzz from Jacob's Kitchen.  Only the idea, though...did not actually follow his recipe.

I cut 1/3 off a piece of frozen puff pastry, wrapped the rest back up in the freezer.  Thawed it, unfolded and cut three squares along the fold lines.  Preheated my oven to 400.  Dusted the pastry with sugar and cinnamon, put a few blueberries on top (and a couple of cubes of thawed mango, which will never do again...) and dusted again.  Baked for 15-20 minutes.  That is it!  And the possibilities are endless..............

A few weeks ago I tried to make a pizza from puff pastry with hideous results.  So, now I plan to just get myself some squares of puff pastry, put some cheese on each piece, a slice of tomato and bake it.  Garnish with basil.  Will report on it when I make it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: