Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

New Dishes

I am always searching for the perfect set of dishes for my kitchen....and I found them....for $15!!!!!!

In Panama City, FL, a couple of weeks ago, I spent several hours in a Vintage/Antique market in downtown Panama City.  As my followers know, I love dishes.  The store was full of "china"....little rosebuds, blue and white, and tons and tons of cups, saucers and bread plates (you know, the parts of the place setting nobody ever used).

I was rounding a corner and looked down and saw these.   I got 7 dinner plates, 7 bread and butter plates, 8 saucers.  I love them so much.  They are Corning from Japan and are vintage and you can see how much they really should cost here.  And only one dinner plate is even available.  I really got lucky.  They look perfect in my kitchen.  Now I can stop looking at dishes in every store I go into.




Posted by Picasa(and I took my mom's advice and have only ever bought white dish accessories, so I already have plenty of bowls and such when I succumb at the $ store, Ikea, Crate and Barrell, etc, etc..........

3 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Isn't it fun to get new things! Very pretty, I like them!

Shelby said...

Congrats on your find! I love shopping in flea markets and finding treasures for me!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oo very pretty!