Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Header and Expanded Concept

Yes, I have been ignoring my blog.  This summer I "crawled down the rabbit hole" of digital scrapbooking.  I started with boxes and boxes of photos and zero knowledge.  I bought Memory Mixer 3 and Photoshop 8, a lovely scanner and printer and lots of printer ink. 

I probably have made 400 pages.  Am scared to count.  I pretty much turned it into a full time job.  I joined a yahoo group that posts all the freebies that wonderful digital designers share with the digital world.  I made heritage albums of my and my husband's parents, and grandparents and us as children.  I made multiple minibooks for my grandkids of all their exploits.  The same for both nephews.  I learned techniques and pored over scrapbook sites......do you see why there was no blogging?

Yes, I kept cooking because I like to eat good food.  I just did not tell you about it.

For Christmas I got a nice, shiny, new iPhone.  With a camera.  I am going to try and remember to snap a picture of my plate every night and tell you about it.  Unless it is embarassing. 

The "expanded" scope of this blog is because my primary interest is in digital scrapbooking and I figure I will be more likely to blog a new scrap page I made every day than to talk about food, for now.  I have a scrapbooking blog, but want it all in one place, especially since this blog feeds into Facebook, so if my friends want to see what I am creating scrapbook-wise as well as food-wise, they can.  Or not.

I made this scrapbook page today.  I love old pictures and my mother left a lot of them.  This one was taken in Indiana in the days of the Model T, obviously.  I added the quote, which I think is as appropriate today as when it was made, back in the 19th century.  The scrapbooking part is a freebie Quick Page that I rotated to get a horizontal opening.  I am terrible at keeping up with the provenance of all the freebies out there, but this one is called Everyday Opulence.  I'll try to do better about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! Like the new design :-)