Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Recipe Organization

OK, I am the last one to preach organization. I spend my life trying to get organized and never quite succeed. Recipes are really hard to organize, although it seems a simple thing. I cut them out of newspapers, I tear pages out of magazines, I print web pages, I copy recipes off the internet and paste them onto Wordpad and print them out. And on. And on. I have tried accordion files, looseleaf notebooks, plastic filing towers, recipe boxes. The clippings grow like mad, you get piles here and there, and when you want to cook something you remember clipping last week, you spend 1/2 hour or more digging around for it.

Currently I might have a method that is going to work for me. I have an accordion file divided up by vegetables, chicken, fish and I shove clippings in there that interest me for 'someday'. Since looseleaf notebooks have generally been the only method I could stick to, I have my basic one that is still kind of like a clipping file, but a bit more formal. Recently I decided to try to start over with a notebook that was neat. I am slowly switching from the messy looseleaf to this neater one. I am trying to avoid 'loose bits' by either printing off recipes and use a hole punch or I glue the clipping to a sheet of notebook paper. So far so good.

Now if I can figure out how to place photos on this blog. These are the photos of my new notebook, the dividers, and a page with glued on recipes and one printed off. I promise I will get better on placing photos.

No comments: