Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Never Throw Good Kitchen Utensils Away

I never throw kitchen utensils away. My cooking methods change with the seasons and the years and the decades and whatever utensils I am currently using a lot go in my kitchen drawers, the others go into a large drawer in my dining room buffet chest.


This is what I pulled out about a month ago. I bought this chinese cleaver back in the early 1970's when I took a chinese cooking class. This knife is seriously ugly. And it rusts unless you dry it after you wash it. But it can hack through a chicken carcass in absolutely no time!

I got fancier chef knives in the 90's and in the new millenium and consigned the cleaver to the big storage drawer. The other day I decided to give it another chance at life in my kitchen and it has moved back in to stay.

So this is a tip: find a place to store good kitchen utensils that are currently out of favor....you just might want to bring them home again.

No comments: