Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Room with a View

Today I decided to spark my creative mood by looking through the digital page thumbnails that I download and put into my “design ideas” file.  These come from various digital scrapbooking sites.  Today I spotted this one, and liked the way the designer had put the photo into the postage stamp frame.  I opened up my photo files and spotted the photo of Larry and I taken on the balcony of our la-de-da apartment in Spain where we spent two weeks.  This is the inspiration:
1003-everyday-di-copy
This is my story:
To celebrate the ending of our time in Iceland and Larry’s stint in the Navy, we spent all our “savings” and booked a tour through Icelandair to the Costa del Sol, in Spain.  Ah, the warm sun! 
We had requested a room with a kitchenette; actually a tiny villa on the ground floor in a courtyard.  When we arrived at the hotel, all the Icelandic tourists mobbed the check-in desk and we just sat on a sofa and waited til the craziness ended.  We checked in; were taken to a tiny room with two twin beds.  We turned around and went back to the desk and showed them our reservations; they had overbooked and had no more villas.  We politely showed them our reservations again.  They sighed and gave us an apartment in the tower with a balcony and a wonderful view; that is the ocean behind us.  We were overjoyed.
This is the layout.
high-rise-spain
Some of the credits before I lost track:  Tempus Fugit travel wordart strips, frame from digitALE Sunsets kit, background paper by Bellabeluga Around the World kit, bottom border strips from Life Montage kit, flowers by Christine Smith,  butterfly stamp by Agnes Biro

No comments: