Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother’s Day


With my mother is no longer alive and my children and grandchildren far away, Mother’s Day is usually low-key with a call from Jason and a visit close around the date from Jenni.

This year the weekend was special, with a trip with Hubbie to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. It was also his birthday weekend, so we had much to celebrate.  I had never been to this area before and it is beautiful.  Rolling hills, silos, and stately homes, even the farmhouses. 

With a new camera, our pictures were beautiful and I am enjoying scrapping them.  The photos on these two layouts were taken inside the Arboretum.  We visited this garden on Sunday and topped it off with a horse-drawn carriage ride. 

This first layout was inspired by a scraplift and template challenge from Hummies’ World.  Here is the template and Hummie’s version:
HummieTemplate87RectanglePreviewMondayHawaii12web
Here is my version
credits: csmith Love to Sew, Trixie Scraps Carly Kit, sclingerman_chipper_kraft paper (TDD). Blagovesta One Perfect Day, wordart yin_oceanspray, SG Inspiring Kit, Gina Cabrera heart tagUsing kit: Time flies by Kokon for ZigZag Scraps
This second layout was inspired by a scraplift at ZigZag scraps and I used the kit Time Flies by Kokon, with liberal use of blending and desaturating tools, as always. 

These were draft horses, all polished up and dressed for the occasion.  They took us up a small mountain and back down; no view, just a thick forest.  We rode with a family who had a little girl and a baby.  The little girl kept us entertained and I thought it fitting for Mother’s Day to share the ride with these children.
horses

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I really like how you showed the before and after :-)

Cheryl said...

I sure do appreciate the blog lo'vn! I don't get that much anymore.... this is a real winner and it's fun to see the way you used it.