Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Candid and Sweet

This was one of those pictures that captures such a silly/sweet moment between my (now grown) kids. 
jandj
It deserves to be kept someplace besides loose in a box.
So………
First for the layout:  I found this template called Tucked and Torn a freebie by Ariadna Wiczling on Happy to Create
AWI_FreeGift-MHLTRS_Tmp_Tuc
The photo needed work, so I used a PSE Action by Rita of the  Coffeeshop Blog

Hmmmmmm………with some PSE magic, digi supplies, and a few hours of labor……(this is where all my time goes......)
bro-and-sis
I did my favorite designing method on this one....I just went to my digifiles of kits and chose this and that, trying to keep up with whose designs I was using. I went my usual route of muted colors and kind of old-fashioned. I find when I do brights I end up putting a lighter filter on them to tone them down.

Other designers to credit:  Whimsy Kit designs by jmdt, You are Loved Kit by Studio Charlize, essential wordbits by jds, jenwilsondesigns, Timeless kit by manudesigns  , Amanda Thorderson,  DS_LoveGrows
That bottom border of flowers is actually a scan from a page from a children's book a kindergarten teacher friend loaned me.  I did completely change the colors.  That is the fun part!

No comments: