Pages

Monday, August 02, 2010

Stack Happy



Yum....look at this salad.  We had our neighbors over to dinner Friday night and she asked to bring something, so I suggested a salad.  Assuming some chopped up romaine.  The doorbell rings and in they come with the most gorgeous stacked salad...beefsteak tomatoes, red onions, fresh mozarella, fresh feta (a lovely surprise), fresh basil.  All resting on  green leaf lettuce and dressed with  balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  I could have just had this salad for dinner and skipped the dishes I made.

For the record, I served whole wheat ravioli topped with a roasted zucchini/tomato sauce, margharita puff pastry pizza squares and homemade frozen peach yogurt.  As to the yogurt, I preferred the mango version I made earlier in the week.

1 comment:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I'm all for salad for dinner without anything else! Especially a delicious looking one like this!