Pages

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Glammed Up Egg and Toast

Toast and egg is a basic, simple breakfast. And if you don't actually like eggs first thing in the morning, impossible to eat.

The photo on the right looks like weird shaped waffles, right? Wrong. It is (artisinal) bread, dipped in a mixture of egg and milk and cooked in a waffle iron. Ha.

Healthier than waffles, because those two slices of bread are coated in one whole egg. Healthier than french toast, because no oil or butter was used to fry the toast. And even the syrup (added after the photo was taken) is a small amount because I bought the new Log Cabin with cane sugar and it is thick enough to not glug all over your plate.

The blueberries and peaches take it up another notch, of course.

So, get out your bread of choice, whisk up an egg with milk (and flavored coffee creamer), preheat your waffle iron, soak the bread in the egg mixture and cook it on the hot iron. Voila!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Fallon said...

LOL FUN!!! It actually looks better then a waffle. I love the brown ends.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

That's adorable! I like to give my kids french toast for the same reason, they aren't egg fans but it's so much healthier and filling to give them an egg with their toast, rather than just eating bread for breakfast. I just use a bit of cooking spray on my french toast but I love the waffle iron idea. Now, if I just HAD a waffle iron!

Anonymous said...

I want these next time I come home!!! Looks so good.