Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Yummy Creamed Chicken

I don't recall ever making creamed chicken.  But I made it tonight.  I spotted it on somebody's blog and it really appealed to me, especially since I had a container of shredded rotisserie chicken.  I googled creamed chicken and chose the recipe from Bigredkitchen.com.  Mine was a little different because I also added some ground coriander, my go-to spice, and I used half soy milk. 

As I was cooking it, it was smelling absolutely wonderful, an aroma I could not identify.  It was delicious and I finally figured the aroma was a combination of the coriander and the soy milk, which I believe has vanilla in it.  Kind of a pastry/bakery aroma. Pure delight. I spooned it over a nice baked potato.

I topped it with lightly cook frozen green peas and garnish of cilantro, diced tomato, and diced cucumber.  I find that dicing some sort of fresh veggie for a garnish makes every meal taste better.

No comments: