Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Not Quite Winter

This is a beautiful kit, full of cool blues and winter whites.  I was so pleased when I saw it, so tired of all the autumn and halloween oranges and yellows.  Digiscrap kit releases are like any other retail business, it tends to follow the seasons.  I was so glad Lee chose to bring us a blast of cold air early. You can get it in Hummie's World Store now.

This is the layout I made with her new kit.  I was eager to scrap some snow, but had to cast way back in my picture files to find any, living now in North Carolina and all!  While in Germany we took the opportunity to visit the fabled Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, built by King Ludwig.  He never actually lived in it, but built it to be quite a fairytale.  So much so that Disney's Cinderella Castle is modeled after it.  Talk about scraplifting!!

The photos you generally see of the castle are gorgeous; this photo is taken on an ordinary, bleak day in Bavaria.  This is how it REALLY looks, with a bit of editing magic on an old, faded photo.  And, of course, that is my sweet Jenni, always ready to pose for me.  It was cold and snowing and we were waiting in the parking lot to ride in a horse-drawn buggy up a very steep hill to take a tour of the inside of the castle.  Interesting inside, even with a grotto, but the outside has the best wow factor, in my opinion.  (The companion castle next door.....the one he lived in while building this one, was the basis for my spooky halloween layout in a previous post.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout. :)

Unknown said...

Scoo pretty! Love the blues :)