Pages

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Precious China for Everyday?



I made an 'executive decision' just the other day. I inherited my Mom's Haviland china and it has resided in the china cabinet for many years. I used to bring it out on Thanksgiving, but was derided because of its small size...under 10" diameter. This past week I decided to start using it for lot of my everyday meals and it is featherweight and a delight to use. It is especially valuable because the factory where it was made was destroyed during WWII and the molds destroyed.

And guess what? The newest diet advice is to use smaller plates to encourage smaller portions. I measured plates in the dinnerware section of several stores and they are currently 11" in diameter.

It looks like my china from the 1930's is looking pretty modern.

Bon Appetit!
Post a Comment