Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Zucchini CAN taste good!

The Charlotte Observer ran a recipe for zucchini and it seemed to cover all my preferences....olive oil, fried, vinegar, herbs.  I had gotten a pretty good sized zucchini at the market, so decided to make it last night.  The platter was so pretty I took a photo before we ate it.  (and used a iphone app to snazz it up)
You can find the original recipe here.  I confess to not following it too closely, just in spirit.  I did not slice on the diagonal.  I used garlic powder in the dressing and garlic paste in the marinade.  I did not actually measure.  I hate fennel so no seeds.  Did not turn it into a salad; no ricotta, thank you very much.  The marinade barely covered the bottom of this platter, so the zucchini did not get overwhelmed.  Try your version; it is more a method than a recipe.

No comments: