Pages

Friday, February 04, 2011

Salmon Cakes

These lovely salmon cakes were made by my daughter, Jenni.  I plan to make then soon.

This is how she made them:

 Chunked up some sweet potato and russet potato, boiled then mashed, stirred into a leftover flaked salmon fillet with some breadcrumb, egg beaters and old bay/s/p. Dipped patties in more breadcrumb and pan fried. Sauce is Greek yogurt with a touch of mayo, added lemon juice, old bay, garlic powder and hot sauce. YUM - and I got a good ten cakes out of one piece of salmon! I liked the combo of sweet and white, gave it both good flavor and texture.


1 comment:

Shelby said...

Sounds yummy! I remember my mom making salmon and tuna cakes when I was a young girl. Back then I wouldn't touch them but the ingredients here make them sound really yummy!