Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mac And SQUASH?

Not a typo....this is not Mac and Cheese.  It is Mac and Squash (or pumpkin, or sweet potato).  What do the three veg's have in common....they are all orange; what color is cheddar cheese...orange.  Get my drift?

I found this recipe in the Charlotte Observer and just had to try it.  It looked very questionable in print.  And I was absolutely not going to buy a pumpkin or a butternut squash and puree it.  Then, I found this on the grocery shelf.

This version of mac and cheese is seriously good.  It is also a good way to hide your vegetables.  I don't actually like butternut squash, but adore this.  I garnished mine with fresh basil.  I also used whole grain macaroni. I did not mix the prosciutto into the dish, but used it as a topping.

1 comment:

Katie P said...

Wow, can't say I've ever heard of anything like this! But what a perfect fall dish!

Katie P
Food, Wine, & Mod Podge
Herb Chopper Giveaway!