Pages

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Product Warning

I had a really creepy experience today with my Fry Daddy mini fryer.  It is a small fryer, no on/off switch or temp control, very basic.  Plug it in, it heats up the oil, you cook your food.  Especially good for brussels sprouts, believe it or not.

Anyway, it is lined with teflon.  Today I plugged it in but left it on for about 20 minutes while everything else cooked.  When I went over to the fryer, the teflon had melted.  Literally.  I unplugged it, used a regular saucepan to fry in.  When it cooled, I pulled on the wrinkled teflon, and the entire inside lining peeled away.  Just so you know.

Went online and bought a minifryer that is stainless steel. It also has several heat settings, for whatever that is worth.  Got a deal, too. $20. I LOVE deep fried brussel sprouts. Love, love, love.  Found this photo online, but mine look better because I fry them pretty dark and use balsamic vinegar and honey to dress them.  I also fry the whole, not cut in half.  But you get the idea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's unfortunate! Glad there wasn't any damage beyond the fryer and that you were able to find such a good deal :-)