Pages

Sunday, April 03, 2011

My Style

I am cleaning up my "studio" (fancy name for room above the garage) in preparation for my son's family's visit in May.  Since I have items collected over the years from quilting, sewing, knitting, and now photos that stretch back to the late 1800's for my digiscrapping projects, it is an undertaking.

I accomplished a lot today....got rid of about 100 books to Friends of Library.  The space thus revealed is where the old photo albums and boxes of photos will go.

Speaking of boxes of photos....as I put a box on the shelf, a photo of myself as a child that I love caught my eye.  Well, of course I had to sit down and scrap it.  I started by going to my templates and spotted a completed page I found on the web (I copy ideas to my hard drive for inspiration).  I first opened it, changed the colors, and put my photo in the frame for the fancy effect.  Hmmmm....pretty.

Then, using the idea of the page, I opened up Scrapper's Guide Shabby Floral kit.  And this is what I came up with.


You see the similarity of the layouts.  When I start to do my own layout....no quickpage....I find I absolutely cannot put a bunch of elements on the page.  I am beginning to like my plain style. For this page, I used the green paper in the Shabby Floral Kit.  There was also a  floral paper that I reduced in scale and then cropped a rectangle shape.  When I put it on the page it was of course not enough to stretch across the page.  So I copied it several times and made no attempt to make it look like it was one smooth piece.  I used one flower
from the kit up in the corner of the picture.  Put a stroke around the picture using a color from the flower.  I was going to stop there, but decided to use a brush I had made and stamp it around the picture.  I stamped it many times, erased those, and then stamped twice.  Plain.  But I like it.  My cousin Kay would approve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! Congrats on getting rid of the books :-)