Pages

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Lois' Story

I was at a marvelous reunion this past weekend:  the Sandtown Community from the 1960's came together in a huge celebration of memories.  As I talked to many of my old friends, most of whom I had not seen since I was about 16, each one mentioned how they had loved my mother.  It appears that what I thought was my "personal magnetism" was actually my mother's cooking and love of talking sports, the lake in my front yard, and the fact that we had the first color tv in the neighborhood!  Anyway, for all of you who knew and loved my mother, I wanted to share her story.

My Mom was a prolific photo taker and made sure all her photos were carefully placed into albums.  I inherited these albums and last year realized that I could preserve them in a unique way in this 21st century.  Using Photoshop Elements, a scanner, and many wonderful designs done by digiscrappers  on the web, I turned those photos from the 1930's forward into this book.  I hope you enjoy looking through it. I was able to imbed the book here on my blog since I published it using Mixbook. I notice that you will not be able to actually read the words in the journaling. If you anybody is interested in reading any of the journaling, it will be on Flickr soon. It takes awhile to upload the big files.

| Learn About Mixbook Photo Books | Create your own Photo Book

1 comment:

elvis1946 said...

Nan,
Really interesting life story. I guess when you're a kid like I was when I knew them you always think of them as old but of course they were not. I will always remember your parents. They were always very nice to me. And I also loved her cooking.
Ronnie