Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Another Journal Card Transformation

I was sorting through some of the freebies I downloaded on NSD and this journal card by bellagypsy caught my eye.

I opened the file in PSE, got rid of the white background, put it onto a 12x12 page and flipped it.  I randomly found this element by lpritchett from her beawesome kit and put it onto the page.

Using the colors in this element, I locked the transparent pixels on the journal card arrows and did some painting.  The round solid part of the card became the place for the photo.  I opened another layout I had done previously about the same trip and borrowed a couple of the elements to bring the two layouts together.  The title was done with Poplar STd font, with the background paper of the other layout clipped to it.  The photo is an old one and our clothing colors were not so good, so I ran a CoffeeshopBlog B&W action on it.  

VOILA!

No comments: