Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Bad Photo: Go Artsy!

I was doing my scraplift for the Scraplift Challenge over at Hummies' and had a vision of using a photo of my whole Christmas tree with a filmstrip of ornament photos.  I took these photos over the last two years, planning to scrap about each ornament in my collection.  Well, the only tree photo I had was horrid.  So I lifted it from the photo, plopped it onto green paper and started blending.  Here is the result:

Each of these ornaments in the filmstrip have a unique story.  The top nativity scene is plastic and is from my tree when I was growing up.  The ceramic Santa is a portrayal of old fashioned St. Nicholas from Germany and was bought while we lived there.  The little wooden angel was also purchased while in Germany.  The snowbaby at the bottom was in my Mom's Christmas decorations box.

I no hang all my ornaments on my tree; way too lazy now.  A few years back I discovered I had rather  inadvertently fallen into the habit of collecting angel and snowmen ornaments, so that is pretty much what I put on my tree, sort of a theme,  but I have not thrown away my other ornaments, and when I open the box each year, they are all shouting their stories at me.  Quite a noise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you blended the tree! It looks just like art but I recognize all the ornaments :)